Victorian Art Glass Glue Chip Chipped Ice or Ice Glass Amber Vase
Here is a wonderful and rather scarce type of art glass. This is called Glue Chip. It's been referred to Chipped Ice, or Ice Chip art glass.
This is an 8 tall rare example in an Amber Color. The process was used a lot on early Lamp shades.To find it on a Vase is a real treat. Several American firms are known to have made this type of art glass. It is also know to have been made in France and England. It was made to resemble a pattern of Ice Crystals and Fern type floral decorations. No chips or cracks and no stains or mineral deposit. The pontil is ground and finely polished. Any unusual white or dark spots shown in the photos are from camera glare. Ware on the bottom is commensurate to it's age. This will make a great functional accessory to any Victorian home. This item is in the category "Pottery & Glass\Decorative Pottery & Glassware\Vases".
The seller is "ainventor" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Country/Region of Origin: North America
- Item Height: 8\
- Pattern: Ice Glass Chipped Ice
- Type: Vase
- Color: Amber
- Brand: Antique Art Glass
- Original/Licensed Reproduction: Original
- Time Period Manufactured: 1900-1919
- Production Technique: Hand made
- Style: Victorian
- Material: Glass
- Features: Hand Painted
- Production Style: Art Glass
- Original/Reproduction: Antique Original
- Glassmaking Technique: Hand Blown
- Type of Glass: Glue Chip Art Glass
- Subject/Theme: Flower Vase