French DAUM Nancy, Old Rare, Unique Vase, 1910-14 Tall Oval Shape Fine
DAUM Nancy, France Very Old Rare Vase, 1910-14 Tall Oval Shape Fine! Turn of the Century incredible DAUM Nancy/France Hand made Etched & Intaglio Cut 8" Tall Vase, 3 & 1/4 wide across Oval shape, 2" wide across side, thick solid base, 3.25 inch wide by 2 across.
Well made, hefty and even feels wonderful too! Colors are a great orange to a deep reddish brown, etched. Heavy & think glass item.
Extremely rare DAUM very valuable. We have owned for 30+ years, estate sale NYC 1970's.Quite possibly the only one anywhere, especially America. Definitely part of the Early "Scenic Cameo Art Nouveau Glass Series" Possibly the only one/ordered for maker, friend, royal, etc.... The quality in this Daum vase is truly superior. There are four gorgeous flowers (two on each side) on a pale red/rust mottled background.
Each flower was applied with molten glass and then hand-carved by a craftsman after the vase was cold. It's a technique used only on the best vases, as it was time-intensive and could only be done by the most skilled craftsmen.The effect is to make the flowers intensely colored and realistic. Engraved signature on the side. DAUM's of this level usually cost 6-9K plus!! Last picture of 1 online right now that is 3 inches taller and. 75 inches wider, for 19,500.00 right now that this one holds its own against!! July 30th 2019 on 1st Dibs DOT com! This item is in the category "Pottery & Glass\Decorative Pottery & Glassware\Vases". The seller is "zonalrick" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to North, South, or Latin America, all countries in Europe, all countries in continental Asia, Australia.
- Origin: France
- Pattern: Abstract
- Type of Glass: Elegant Glass
- Color: Orange to a Reddish Brown
- Custom Bundle: No
- Material: Crystal, Glass
- Subject/Theme: Flower's Leaves, Tree's & Space
- Glassmaking Technique: Blown Etched Shaped Voo Doo Added!
- Subject: Antique Art Glass Beauty
- Brand: Daum Old Rare
- Type: Oval Vase
- Country/Region of Origin: France
- Era: Victorian (1837-1900)
- Style: Art Nouveau
- Theme: Abstract, Flowers, Vines, Leaves
- Original/Reproduction: Antique Original
- Features: DAUM NANCY (France) with crosses, Rare, possibly one of very old, One of the \
- Time Period Manufactured: 1900-1912
- Production Style: Art Glass
- Production Technique: Hand Blown Glass
- Country/Region of Manufacture: France
- Backstamp: Acid Etched Flower Scene Old French