Antique Moser Glass Bowl & Underplate, Cobalt Blue & Gold Enameling
The underplate measures 7 inches in diameter. The bowl is 2 1/4 inches tall with a diameter of 5 inches. The hand blown glass has a leaded content so that it rings when tapped. The glass shades from clear to cobalt blue.
The two pieces are richly hand enameled with garlands of flowers. The glass was blown so that it has a ripple effect that makes the gilding shimmer.
The borders are heavily gilded with embossed gold. The coloring of this set is rare and the condition is exceptional. You won't find a more beautiful example of Moser glass. FOR OUR CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE THE US.
The Post Office requires this. This item is in the category "Pottery & Glass\Cookware, Dinnerware & Serveware\Bowls". The seller is "betsybabe" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Shape: Round
- Handmade: Yes
- Production Technique: Hand Blown Hand Enameled
- Country/Region of Manufacture: Czech Republic
- Style: Victorian
- Item Depth: 2 1/4 inches
- Item Width: Underplate is 7 Inches in diameter
- Backstamp: Unmarked
- Material: Leaded Glass
- Theme: Flower Garlands
- Pattern: Flower Garlands & Ornaments
- Type: Bowl & Underplate
- Features: Decorative Collectable Quality
- Antique: Yes
- Color: Cobalt Blue & Gold
- Year Manufactured: 1885
- Vintage: Yes
- Number of Items in Set: Two
- Origin: Bohemia
- Occasion: All Occasions
- Brand: Moser
- Set Includes: One Bowl & One Underplate
- Production Style: Art Glass
- Original/Licensed Reproduction: Original
- Time Period Manufactured: 1850-1899
- Era: Victorian (1837-1900)
- Rare Coloring: Exqusite Raised Enameling
- Item Diameter: Bowl is 5 inches in diameter